Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Yet another RE consult

After exploring our options and learning about a website http://www.sart.org/ I found that Utah just does not have the experience with DOR women. I learned from the ladies on the Bump that SIRM (Las Vegas) and also CCRM (in Denver) had high success rates for IVF and also with DOR.

I figured WTH I'm getting consults. I scheduled my consult with CCRM first, but I took 6 weeks to get a phone consultation with them. SIRM in Las Vegas I had my consult within a week of calling.

DH came home early from work to sit in on our consult. At that time he was not feeling any optimism that I we should get any different information than what we received form the clinics here in Utah.

Our consult went very well. Dr. Fisch was very optimistic. He stated that since I was young he felt that I had a very good chance (25-30%) he could help us get pregnant. He was not as concerned about my lab values or my AFC. He said that those numbers just tell him how much "gas" he needs to give to help stimulate my ovaries in making eggs. He said it would not be easy, but he could help us.  

After our phone consult with SIRM, DH stated that his mind had completely changed regarding IVF. Prior to our appt he was leaning toward IVF using my sister’s eggs or adoption. He now felt that trying IVF with my OE was worth the try.

After my consult with SIRM DH and I felt very good about canceling our consult with CCRM and moving forward with IVF in Las Vegas.

1 comment:

  1. Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me.
    Carpet Tile Installation Cost

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I love hearing from you!!