Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First RE APPT

My first RE appt. I received news that I wasn't expecting. I had a u/s and he was looking at my AFC, and he said "how old are you?" I replied 29. "You do not have very many eggs." I was shocked! Really I am only 29, I have to have eggs!?   He suggested more blood work, including my AMH (ovarian reserve) and a repeat FSH. My AMH came back at 0.5 (anything over 1.0 is normal). My FSH came back at 15.1 (normal= <9). I was in complete shock. I did as much research online research as possible, which only made me feel more loss.

At that time he suggested I trying an iui. So on Dec. 24th 2009 IUI #1 was completed. Two weeks later I POAS and I saw a stark white pee stick. I was devastated. Although I did not have a ton of hope, I did wish for more than anything to get my BFP, but it just wasn't our luck.

At my WTF appt (appt abt why the iui did not work) the Re suggested DE. I was so mad. Really DE?  I am 29 years old; I have to have an egg that will support a pregnancy. I told him that DE was not an option and I wanted to continue to try with my own eggs. So our plan was to attempt another iui.  When I went to for my u/s for iui #2 I had already ovulated. I was only on day 11 of my cycle. At that time the RE stated that I should just save my money and come back when we were ready for IVF. He highly recommended DE. He sent me on my way with a yrs RX of clomid. This was not o.k. with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, I love hearing from you!!