Saturday, April 25, 2015

Transfer Day… Overwhelming Love and Support


Yesterday was a BIG DAY.  
The perfect day.  
Much like our wedding day.  

Overcast in the morning, rain in the afternoon, and the sun came out in the evening for a wonderful celebration!! 

I took the day off from work, because I knew that I would be worthless.  There was no way I’d be able to concentrate on work.  So I spent much of my day mentally prepping for the transfer.  I spent a good portion of my morning reading positive text messages, emails, and Facebook posts on my behalf from my IF sisters, friends and family. 

TMI warning- I was in much need for a wax, so I rescheduled my apt at the end of the month and took care of my legs and unmentionables.  Went to the grocery store and bought several different nail polishes and created my first masterpiece. LOL

W got ready.  He look so good. Suit Jacket, with new Levi’s and his Kango hat, me the nicest yoga pants I own and a niceish blouse, wearing all my lucky charms, and lucky Water cup in hand! Then it was time.  Our 35 minute drive to the clinic.  Once we got there I had my pre-transfer acupuncture treatment. And then our transfer.


Dr. G came into the room, and she gave us our embryo report, asked if we would like to transfer one or two embryos.  She is a HUGE Proponent for elective single embryo transfers (eSet).  She discussed the risks of transferring two.  I looked up at W and said “are you still okay if we transfer two?” He said yes! 

This is a very personal decision!!  There are pros and cons to both transferring one vs two embryos.  In the future I will write about the pros and cons and why we made the decision that we did.  But that is a different conversation. 

We transferred two beautiful embryos high quality embryos (graded AA and AB). 
After the transfer, then comes the hard part.  Laying in place for 20 minutes with a FULL BLADDER.  It is the worst.  I just lay there and hope that I do not pee myself before the 20 minutes are up. 

For those curious, I did not have an accident.  For me, it’s the worst part of the embryo transfer!!
After all was said and done I had my post-transfer acupuncture.  It was amazing.  I had W pull up the song we played as I walked down the aisle at our Wedding (Cannon in D).  I absolutely love that song.  We talked and spent this time enjoying each other’s company.  It was such an amazing day.  

My acupuncturist asked us how long we have been married, because she through we acted like newlyweds.  That is such a compliment considering we were married in 2003. 

The staff at my clinic is amazing.  They are all rooting for us.  My RE and donor coordinator both said that it’s our turn and we have a really good shot at this working.   

W made me a cup of caffeine-free mint tea when the acupuncture treatment was over, for the ride home.  I had my discharge teaching.

We left the clinic drove home in evening traffic.  

What did we return home to?? 

My parents and my Uncle M were here.  My house was cleaned, lawn mowed and dinner ready.  With a beautiful bouquet my sister had sent to my house.  They wanted to make sure that I lay on the couch all weekend worry free, allowing your embryos the prefect chance to snuggle in for the next 9 months!!

This was the perfect ending to the perfect day!! 


7 comments:

  1. This made me tear up. I hope for the perfect ending to this story about your perfect day. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy it went so well for you! Enjoy your princess weekend! We are thinking of you... Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy, totally rooting for you. Glad you had a wonderfully memorable day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping for good news for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility?
    carpets abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @JohnSmith, I'm so sorry, I'm just seeing this. It may be wordpress, but I do not remember.

      Delete
  6. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer Lola, a friend of mine who had a similar disease told me about Dr. James  herbal mix  medicine who cured her of Ovarian cancer, .She gave me Dr.James  email address, I contacted him quickly and he assured that his herbal mix medicine will cure my breast cancer, I said Okay. I asked him about the process for the cure, he asked me to pay for the fees which I did and within 4 working days, he sent me the herbal mix medicine and instructed me on how to drink it for 3 months to get cured. I told Lola my friend about the herbal medicine so she gave me a go-ahead to drink it. I drank the herbal medicine for 3 months and I was totally cured. I'm so grateful and I have promised to recommend anyone suffering from cancer or any kind of disease to him and that what I'm doing.Dr.James herbal mix medicine  made me  believe there is hope for people suffering from diseases like Alzheimer's diseases, Bipolar disorder, Schizophrenia, Parkinson's disease, Schizophrenia, Cancer, Scoliosis, Bladder Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Breast Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Leukemia, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Fibromyalgia, a
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia, Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease, Diabetes, Coeliac disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease, Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma, Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids, Herpes, Inflammatory bowel disease, Copd, Diabetes.
    Here Is His Contact Info......[Email...drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I love hearing from you!!