Sunday, April 19, 2015

1 in 8, Supported by Many



Today is a perfect example of feeling love from amazing, supportive, hopeful women that are also in the midst of infertility. 

Many of these women have found success after infertility, but the pain of infertility never goes away.  I have seen it sneak into these women’s lives even after they have birthed children.  And many of my dear friends are still in the trenches.  These are women I have “known” for years.  Many of which I have never met in real life, and yet they are my sisters.  It’s a community of women that I have seen come together in times of need, loss, love, good times and bad, supporting each other in so many ways.  It is absolutely amazing what we can do as a group of women, even though we are from different worlds, cultures, generations, States, Countries and we have never met.

Infertility is a rollercoaster.  One that I wish that no one would ever have to get on.  At times it is has been isolating, lonely, and is a result of the lowest times I’ve ever had in my life.  I know that I have said this before.  Hands down Infertility has been the greatest struggle I have ever had to endure.  My mental health, at times, has never been lower.  This includes the loss of my older brother, which was devastating. 

Today is a prime example that I am not alone. 

You Are Not Alone

Through all our struggles I have had a place to turn.  A place to vent, cry and celebrate.  With my sisters!!

My phone today has been getting blown up.  Texts, emails, calls.  It’s awesome.  It kind of reminds me of the late 90’s and carrying a pager.  Receiving page after page to learn where the next best party was going to take place :)  This is SO MUCH BETTER!!!

On the various, secret Facebook pages and public online infertility forums I’m a member of were also full of love, and support.  It is incredible. Wishing us luck and asking about my donor’s egg retrieval, sending love to our egg donor, that she has a smooth recovery, asking if I have heard any news of how many eggs have been retrieved.
   
For those anxiously waiting for me to spit it out, I did hear an update on my donor’s retrieval.  Are you all ready for this?  Drum roll please…….


Forty-four eggs


That is right Forty-four eggs have been retrieved
That is twenty-two times better than my “best cycle” with my own eggs

I have had all my girls by my side rooting for me, us, and our future children. 

Thank You!!

Today I am not alone

Others still battling with infertility, no matter where you are on the infertility spectrum, never forget..

You are not alone.

You are 1 in 8, supported by so many!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL ronniesgirl!! Thank you so much for the LOVE!!

    <3 <3 <3

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, Fantastic its looks so astounding. Much obliged to you for sharing this article and keep doing awesome. customized mats abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I love hearing from you!!