Thursday, April 5, 2012

Another much needed update

I want to begin with a Pic of our beautiful 6 day expanded blast we transferred yesterday.

Update:

Needless to say I had more stress leading up to what I thought was going to be our 5dt.  I had my acupuncturist meeting me at the clinic.  DH and I are driving there about 15-20 mins away, and my RE's nurse calls to move our transfer to a day 6.  At that time my phone kept dropping the call, so DH called her back and she said that our Embryo was a compacted grade 2 embryo, and they wanted to watch it for one more day because it was a little behind.  I tried to stay calm in front of DH.  He started to Google 5 day compacted embryo's to help reduce my fears. Everything he came across was reassuring, but I continued to feel uncertain that being pushed out one more day was a sign of an imperfect embryo.  

The plan was for DH to head back home after our transfer.  Unfortunately he still had to head home, because he had scheduled dental work and he needed to have it completed, not to mention one of us needs to work while we are going through this process, since I had to call my boss to take me off the schedule for an additional two days.  Luckily our unit is slow, so it was not a big deal.  Well, I lost my sh!t when DH left, then I fell asleep for a few hours. Once I woke up I began searching the Internet regarding day 5 compacted embryo's and as DH explained, it was not a big deal, it did not mean our embryo was imperfect.  

Yesterday my Uncle was able to drive and pick me up for the transfer.  My acupuncturist was able to meet me there.  I absolutely loved meeting Dr. Sher.  He is so enthusiastic and he has such a warm personality.  He came in to perform the transfer.  He asks the embryologist to prepare my embryo for transfer and the embryologist says, "Her embryo continued to develop and is now a grade 1, expanded blast.  Dr. Sher was very pleased.  He said that he was very happy we gave it one more day.  

I have no idea how an embryo goes from a grade 1, to a grade 2 and then back to a grade 1, but I didn't ask questions.  I'm going to take that grade one.  I have to say I am pleased with the pic of my beautiful embryo.  I am praying, hoping, and wishing that my little Lucky Leo is snuggling in nice and tight for the next nine months :)    

My Beta is scheduled on 4/9, which seems a little early.  I will take the number with a grain of salt.  I will keep crossed it is positive and that the number doubles. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, I love hearing from you!!