Saturday, March 21, 2015

Donor Egg Cycle Turn of Events


I cannot believe that I am typing this.  I have so much to share since my last update.  As you all know I was devastated about the donor backing out.  There were so many reasons why I have a strong feeling that this particular donor is the one to help me and W become parents.  While I knew that perhaps I would find another suitable donor, I felt that it could not hurt to ask my RE to forward an email to the donor telling her a little about our TTC history and asked if she could reconsider donating to us.  My RE had the email passed onto the donor.  The donor responded saying that she would love to help us.  That being said she asked if we would be willing to wait to cycle in May.  May would be perfect, yes I was hoping to cycle sooner, but a break from TTC was needed and necessary for mine and W's mental health.

I emailed the donor coordinator last week to be sure that everything was set up as planned, she emailed me back, and what do you know?  She said the egg donor wanted to move the cycle up a month, and if we were open to it I could start meds as early as this week.  OMG!!  I talked with W's he said lets do it.  Here we are Saturday, March 21, 2015 day 1 of Lupron!!  I cannot believe I'm cycling again.

I feel so much peace about this cycle.  I have so much hope.  Hope is a dangerous feeling for those who have had difficulty ttc.  But I will embrace this feeling, at least for now.  I know there will be times during this cycle that I will not have this feeling.  I will look at myself in the mirror and remind myself, that this donor, one of the most proven donors my clinic has ever had, produces an unreal number of eggs and even more important high quality embryos.  If for some reason it doesn't work out, I have comfort that I will have more than enough embryos frozen for another cycle.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to read such a wonderful update. Very best of luck with your upcoming cycle- I hope 2015 is your year xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to read this. I'm praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, Fantastic its looks so astounding. Much obliged to you for sharing this article and keep doing awesome. gym flooring abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I love hearing from you!!