Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Roller Coaster



I hate that IF is a huge roller coaster! One day I am very optimistic, the next very pessimistic.

Last week my sister backed out. She has too many reservations and has decided not to be our egg donor. I am not going to lie this was a huge blow for me! I thought this was our answer to bring us our take home baby. I am not mad that she changed her mind, just heartbroken. Again, I am feeling like we are so far away from having a Mindy and Whistler baby. I feel that using my sister's eggs was the closest we were going to get. I will continue to be on a TTC break throughout the holidays, and will most likely give IVF one more try with my eggs in the spring. It has to work! I have no other option, but for it to work!!!

I have tried things that I never imagined I would try to help us achieve pregnancy. I take a sh!t load of supplements to improve egg quality, such as wheat grass, coq10, multivitamin, etc. I have been going to acupuncture. I find acupuncture surprisingly relaxing. I have tried reflexology, only once, I'm not sure if this one is for me. Most recently I had a Reiki session, and loved it! I have no idea if any of these alternative medicines will help us conceive, but I am willing to try anything, if it does not harm me in anyway. More than anything I have been trying to stay busy and not obsess, which is not an easy task!

Things I have been doing to try to keep my mind busy...

·  Meeting my nieces and nephew. In the last few weeks/months I have celebrated the birth of my sister’s son, and both of my SIL's daughters. They are all so different and beautiful. I pray every day Whistler and I will be able to experience this!

·  Applying for graduate school. I want to be a nurse practitioner, so I am taking steps for this dream to become a reality.

·  Working. I love my job; I love taking care of patients; there is nothing more fulfilling then watching a critically ill patient go from death's door step, to walking out the hospital doors, to enjoy life with their families.

·  Snowboarding! My favorite pastime. The resorts open this Thursday; I will be going up Monday with a few of my good friends!

I am not going to ever give up on my goal of being a mom! My next IVF will work!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry your sister backed out. I can only imagine the heartbreak. Never give up - you will be a mother some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing such important information. It will be very useful for us in future. Good keep it up and keep writing. Read more about
    Curtains abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I love hearing from you!!