Monday, July 16, 2012

32 and an empty womb

I have turned 32 today.  I am not where I thought I would be at 32.  My dream for myself was to have a baby at 28 and another at 30.  I would be done and enjoying every moment raising them.

This morning I was laying in bed, imaging what it would be like if I had kids.  It would be amazing if they jumped into my bed to wish me a happy birthday with their home made gifts.  I know this dream will come true sometime in my life.  I will NEVER give up on the idea of being a mom.  I am working on letting go of my dream of having a child that I will have a genetic link to.  I will either move forward with DE or adoption. I am giving myself time to morn the loss of a child with a genetic link while DH is working on getting a job.

I love my DH more than anything, but I am starting to get a little bitter of the fact that he is not working and it is the reason we cannot cycle right now.  I know that my eggs are not suddenly that much worse then they were yesterday because I am a day/year older.  However, I feel that it is precious time we are losing as my ovaries are aging and they do not have much time left in them.

1 comment:

Please comment, I love hearing from you!!