Thursday, May 17, 2012

My WTF.... And the one thing I know for sure!

My WTF really didn't help my find clarity of what or how I should move forward from here.  I disparately would like my own biological child.  Why can I not get over this.  The only DE option and offer I only took seriously was my sister's and when she backed out I was determined I would get pregnant with my OE's.

As time has past and three and a half IVF's later I am not pregnant.  My RE still believes that I can get ku with my OE's, but it may not be with the next IVF and maybe not the one after that.  When does one get to a point to move on?  Do I need therapy to get to this place?  I have so many wonderful people, friends and family that have offered to donate.  I do not think I could take an egg(s) from a friend, but I have amazing cousins that would be wonderful choices, all I have to do is say the word!  Even if I were to take the leap, conquer whatever fear it is from making this decision it would be at least 6 mo to a year before DH and I could even afford to cycle again.  Why is it a fear? Why do I feel that it is something I have to conquer? Why am I letting IF define me?

My RE does not feel I need anymore testing to determine if my body is rejecting the embryo.  He feels that DE will be a success for us the first time.  He spent a lot of the conversation discussing why I would be a perfect DE candidate, and in the back of my mind, I ekpt thinking that nothing is for sure, so how can you say that.

What I know for sure is Dh and are not ready to give up on being parents.  I will have more treatments, I'm just not positive if we will move forward with my egg or a donor's.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, I love hearing from you!!